HEARING LOSS FACTS:
Patient Resources Facts don’t lie. You are not alone!
- An estimated 16% (1.1 billion people) of the world’s population is affected by hearing loss.
- Approximately 30 million Americans have some degree of hearing loss.
- Hearing loss can happen at any age to anyone.
- Approximately 1/3 of those affected by hearing loss are of retirement age.
- The majority of individuals experiencing hearing loss are of working or school-going age.
- An estimated four out of five adults, over the age of 55, have hearing problems that can be improved by a clinical audiologist.
- Studies show 65% of individuals with hearing impairment experience mild hearing loss, 30% moderate, and 5% severe or profound hearing loss.
- Only 1 in 5 people who would benefit from wearing a hearing device actually use one.